Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bird Watching in Morgan County

Yesterday we went to the home of one of Youcef's co-workers who is an avid birder. She lives on 20 acres of Morgan County wilderness. I honestly had no idea a place so beautiful existed in Indiana! She is on top of a nice little hill (a mountain by Indiana standards!) that is completely wooded. She has numerous feeders set up and has a tremendous variety of birds. We saw several types of woodpeckers with the most impressive being the Pileated Woodpecker. Tons of Cardinals, titmice, nuthatches and more that I can't remember.

Her home is heated by a woodstove and was very nice and cozy.

Unfortunately, on our way home we came upon a serious traffic accident. Since no emergency personnel had arrived and there were obvious injures Youcef stopped and got out to help. I tried to park out of the way, while still staying safe. But, I'm afraid I angered the Sherrif's deputy who arrived. Thankfully, no one was fatally injured.

1 comment:

A Slice of Life said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Your friend's place sounds wonderful, truely wild places are getter fewer and fewer.

I wonder why the deputy got so upset with you for helping and trying to stay out of the way...maybe he was just stressed out because of the accident...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails