Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Different Ramblings

I've found a great new musician, Amos Lee. His song Skipping Stone was featured in the closing scene of ER a couple of weeks ago (when Luca FINALLY proposed to Abby.) I suppose he is classified as blues/jazz. I just know he is easy to listen to. You can visit his website at www.amoslee.com.

My current read is "Drinking the Rain" by Alix Kates Shulman. I can't decide if I really like it or not. She is an "old-school" feminist. This book is a memoir chronicling the time she spends alone in a fairly isolated beach house in Maine. Frankly, she is a little whiny. Actually I find most women who label themselves as feminists to be on the whiny side. By no means do I find ultimate fulfillment in being home with small children. It can be tedious, boring at times and extremely isolating. However, I also feel strongly that a mother should always choose home over career when possible. I believe very strongly that the women's movement has done a great deal of damage to our families and thereby our nation. Obviously, I'm coming from the perspective of one who has choice. Not only to be able to stay home, but also in education, career path etc. I'm not sure that I wouldn't think differently if I had been born even 5 years before I was...

This whole blog thing has changed the way I approach my days. Now, I hear, read or see something and immediately think "oh, I can blog about that." Of course, once I sit down to do just that I forget every single thing! I feel like I'm still trying to find my way. I love the 'house' blogs, and would love to share pics of my home. However, I don't have a digital camera...I'm also crazy about the scrapping and crafting blogs. Again, I have a few projects I could share, but no camera...I don't really want to be philosophical all the time. I'm serious, but not quite that serious. Sharing the minutiae of my day seems rather boring. Although I do enjoy reading the blogs of others who do just this, so maybe there is something there.

1 comment:

melissa said...

I so appreciate your leaving your blog address when you last visited me. Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your ramblings. While, like you, I like the 'house' blogs, the ones with delicious words speak to me more.

Like yours. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails