Monday, March 5, 2007

Recovering and Running

Yesterday was a down day. I ended up with some sort of not so fun GI thing, and ran a fever all day yesterday. I can usually get through most illnesses and keep going, but a fever gets me down every time. I ended up sleeping a good part of the day. Tried to stay up to watch The Lost Tomb of Jesus, but only made it until about 9:45. I'm sure it will be on in reruns.

Today I'm feeling much better, thankfully, so was able to get back to the normal running around. This morning I had a meeting for Hospitality committee for school. We organize special recognition events for school staff. My husband has a huge issue with all of this as he feels that everyone is already being compensated so why are they getting something "special." As he puts it nobody does anything special for me just because I do my job. I suppose on some level he has a point. He feels like the PTO moms do it because they are trying to assauge some guilt for allowing strangers to educate their children. I'm not so sure about that. For my part, I feel like it is important to honor our children's teachers and the librarians etc.

This evening is Mothers & More meeting so I've spent most of the afternoon putting together the agenda, replying to e-mail and making phone calls. Nine more months!! I'm counting down until my term as co-leader is up. I've enjoyed it on one level, but it is a lot of work.

Carnival went well. It was much less crowded this year. It helps that the school is below capacity instead of 150+ kids over as it was last year at this time. Things were also organized alot better. The kids, as expected, had a good time. YDC is already asking when the next one is!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails