Saturday, April 14, 2007

Conflicting Interests

Yesterday (several days ago, now) as I was reading through the blogs on my list I realized that I seem to have two different people living within me. Or atleast two distinctly different sets of interest. One set of links focuses on consumption and building up collections and generally buying things that aren't necessary. This group is at complete odds with the other group which is all about simplifying and living deliberately. I struggle with how best to balance these two. My end goal isn't to reduce my life to having only what is absolutely necessary. I enjoy having a beautiful home and things that bring me joy. What's more, I think it is vital for me to have an artistic outlet. However, I have a tendency to spend what feels to me like too much money on supplies for my artistic outlet!! So, I wonder if there is a happy medium?? What is it for me?

3 comments:

melissa said...

I think you're very clever to say this. And that's not always easy to do. Sounds like you're very much in touch with your heart. Least it seems so to me.

Marianna said...

Thank you Melissa. I hope to some day come to a place of peace over this...all in time, I suppose.

Jen @ The Cottage Nest said...

I really do understand where you are coming from with this post. I'm feeling a lot of the same things. I've been checking out some of your favorites this evening too. I will have to come back to them when I have more time to myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails