Friday, May 18, 2007

Forced to Slow Down, atleast for a day

DH picked up a cold on the flight home from Seattle a couple of weeks ago. Guess who has it now? I just love late Spring colds. It was lovely, though, to be able to stay home and just rest yesterday. Wish I could do that today, but Little Miss has her final ever preschool picninc this morning. Thankfully, the weather is absolutely perfect: 60's and sunny. Wednesday was her graduation which was a little bitter sweet. I have been delivering one child or the other or both to preschool for 5 years now so it will be a major life adjustment for me come August when they both climb aboard the school bus. I won't have to make that 20 minute drive four times a week anymore YIPPEE!! At the same time it means that my baby is growing up (: It is exciting to watch both of them develop as people, but it is also sad to know that they are slowly growing away from me.

**Note, post edited at this point.

Last, but not least, if you have not read Barbara Kingsolver's new book "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life" you must go get it RIGHT NOW. You will never look at the food in the grocery store quite the same way again. I'll post some excerpts on another post!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails