Monday, May 21, 2007

I just discovered a great link at Golightly Place regarding Low Impact Week. I'm already doing some of these things, but am always open to making other changes. One thing that has amazed me is how much I've been able to reduce the number of plastic and paper bags coming into the house by religiously using my Green Bag that I got from Wild Oats. The best part about the Green Bag is that it was FREE! They were giving out coupons for it at Earth Day Festival. We use Target bags for trash, and actually ran out of them! I also ran out of paper bags for recycling. I cleaned out an old plastic toy container to collect paper recycling. The recycling bin is just in the neighborhood, so as soon as it is full I will simply drop it on my way out. I am already using two mesh laundry hampers for plastic/cans/glass/cardboard. Now I just have to get better about taking those to drop off in a timely manner, which will be extra hard now that Little Miss is out of school and I won't be near the Wal-Mart parking lot where the collection bins are four times a week! I do wish our county would start a drop-off program!!

2 comments:

Jen @ The Cottage Nest said...

I enjoyed that link. I'm doing several of those things too. I've been on a real tear lately about wasted electricity and using rags instead of paper towels as often as possible. I've always been a recycling nut. I know my family thinks I've gone off the deep end but I am lucky that they humor me anyway.

Marianna said...

Jen, I am the same as you...I get a little crazy. My husband, with great embarrassment, helped me pick up all the plastic bottles left out at the soccer fields the other day. All the while muttering about how crazy I was!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails