Thursday, May 10, 2007

Random Quotes

I spent some time last night reading through notes I've taken from books read and saved newspaper clippings. Below are some things that really jumped out at me as I was reading.


"I had discovered that adults like to ask children questions only to laugh at their answers, and I hated being the butt of a joke, having to stand there and take it as a proper child should do."
Bich Minh Nguyen "Stealing Buddha's Dinner"

I have a daughter who will not speak to adults, and one of the primary reasons why is this...

"Being busy is the latest middle-class status symbol." Kathryn Kozlowski

"...you can't live the deeper life and the busy life" David L. Goetz "Death by Suburb"

"...what good does it do to give your kids everything-except the tools to become an adult?" Ruben Navarrette from on Op-Ed titled "Kids Who Have Everything Lack for Something"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails