Saturday, June 2, 2007

Farmer's Market Saturday

I forced my family out of bed this morning at 7:15 to visit the first weekend of our local Farmer's Market! We bought, for the first time, local beef and lamb that we will use to make burgers on the grill. I've heard others rave about this. I hope it lives up to the hype! There is also local, picked this morning, asparagus that I can't wait to rub with olive oil, salt and pepper, grill and enjoy! I already dug into the beautiful red leaf lettuce for lunch, which was wonderful with my balsamic/olive oil/honey dressing and some praline pecans. We've also already enjoyed the deep red Spring strawberries, yum! Oh, and I bought some garlic scapes...I read about these in Mary Jane Butter's Farmgirl book last year, and I've been wanting to try some. I finally got brave enough! I'm going to saute them with the some white onions and see what happens!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails