Monday, June 25, 2007

Read Together

I discovered a whole new genre of blogs that deal with children's books...something I'm deeply interested in. Anyhow, Jennifer at Snapshot, one of the blogs, is hosting a Read Together Mission for the summer (now-August 27th). You read together and then discuss the book, chapter by chapter.

The kids and I read aloud nightly for a minimum of 30 minutes. They each read and then I read, ending with a chapter book. Our chapter book for right now is "White Elephant" by Sid Fleeischman about a boy mahout and his old elephant. The setting is ancient Siam. We just finished "Gooney the Fabulous" by Lois Lowry...a really cute book for those in the lower elementary grades. And I have several others waiting to be read "Summerhouse Time" by Eileen Spinelli, "Seacrow Island" by Astrid Lindgren and several books on King Arthur and Blackbeard.

**edited 6/29/07

1 comment:

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

I'm glad that you are joining in. Don't forget to try to discuss and gauge your kids' reactions to the books!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails