Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Home Keeping Quotes



Going through my quote journal yesterday I was suprised at the number of quotes I've written down about the ordinariness of life and home keeping. I thought I would share them here...


"Keeping is a gift of celebrating family. I often think of a woman as a steadfast rock in the middle of a stream flowing all around her" Ingrid Trobisch


"Cooking and cleaning and laundry are simply the foundation stones that support the enormous pile of blessings that my family enjoys" Emily Watts


"Routine domestic tasks are opportunities to make the rhythms of our intimate lives sacred. Approach the ordinary with a sense of abundance, seeing the seeds of transformation in the small humble things we do with a loving attitude." Alexandra Stoddard


"The oridnary arts we practice everyday at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." Thomas Moore

"The incredible gift of the Oridnary! Glory comes streaming from the table of daily life" Marcina Wiederkehr

"Simple every day activities are where happiness thrives." Alexandra Stoddard


"The elements of keeping house bring stability and a sense of order and security to all who live there." Karla Dornacher

"As she supplies the affection and care that make a contented home, each mother is strengthening the individuals within her own circle as well as in the nation." Early E Chanley

"Later I would understand that living an ordinary, day-to-day life with integrity and impeccability is most of what it means to be "spiritual". Joseph Dispenza

"And some, like me, are just beginning to guess at the powerful religion of ordinary life, a spirituality of freshly mopped floors and stacked dishes and clothes blowing on the line."--Adair Lara
Sorry for the blurry picture. It is our table set for dinner. On the menu was Chicken Fajitas and homemade Spanish Rice.

4 comments:

the feathered nest said...

Very inspiring set of quotes - always love Alexandra Stoddard. I think I have every book she's ever written LOL!

Manuela

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Hi Marianna! I enjoyed the quotes! It was fun to view your home as well! Cherry

Jen @ The Cottage Nest said...

I absolutely love and adore quotes. Thanks for sharing these. I will add some to my favorites list.

I'm jealous of your white cabinets. Mine would have been white if they hadn't already ordered the cabinets when we found this house.

AIMEE said...

your table looks beautiful and I love the quotes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails