Saturday, September 29, 2007

Endings, Home Improvement, Garage Sale traffic


I was so sad when I clicked over to Eyes of Wonder the other day only to read that Jewel is closing her blog. I completely understand it, but I will miss her peacefulness.

Today was the last day of the Farmer's Market for our little community. Another sad ending. There is a year-round market, but it isn't at a very convenient time or location so I don't go every week.

We are having tile installed in our master bathroom this weekend. Previously we had carpet (builder standard--obviously a man wrote the standards!) so I will be most thankful to have the tile job complete. I'm always thankful to get these jobs done, but I really don't like having workers in and out of the house. I have felt very unsettled for the past two days. The guy is nice enough, but I just don't feel like I can be at "home" when someone else is here. Hopefully, it will be all done by Monday afternoon and I can post pictures and go back to my quiet, sedate life!

Our neighborhood had a neighborhood garage sale this weekend. I didn't realize until it was over just how much it increased traffic by our house. We live at the bend of a road that is horseshoe shaped so we normally have very little traffic--just the three immediate neighbors and delivery trucks for the most part. For the past two days it seems there were about fifty cars by in about two hours time! Now that that is over I can really go back to my quiet, sedate life!

3 comments:

AIMEE said...

love the farmers market photo...yum.
Why did Eyes of Wonder stop? I had no idea!

the feathered nest said...

Yes, Jewels closing her blog is indeed sad. Maybe she'll open it up by invitation. I always felt so calm and centered after reading her blog!

Did you go to the neighborhood garage sale? Sounds like it was a pretty big one.

I know what you mean about not feeling "at home" with workers there. I really like my contractors but we just can't relax with them here. We even talk in quiter voices! But it's all worth it in the end!

Manuela

Jen said...

I think we are about to have out basement finished and I hadn't thought about how much I would dislike have work people around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails