Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Daily Thankfulness Tradition



One day about two weeks ago, after a particularly contentious day, I ended our meal blessing by having everyone say something specific they were thankful for. Well, it has stuck thanks to my 8yo son. Every night as soon as we say our blessing he begins our daily thankfulness round. He is very strict, I might add, as he won't let anyone mention the regular things like family or toys. It must be something that happened that day. I love this on several counts. First, my youngest is not the most appreciative person in the world and this forces her to be just a little more so. Second, I love hearing what the kids are thankful for. Third, it highlights that it really is the small things that happen in life for which we should be always grateful.

*The picture is our table set for the soup party we hosted a couple of weeks ago.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

What a wonderful tradition for the dinner table!
Kelli

~Java Mama~ said...

Love it!

JOYfully in HIm,
Kelli

Mommy said...

What a great idea! I will probably do that now! Thank you! :)

Lori said...

Love that idea of ending your meal with saying something that you are thankful for. I think we will be swiping this idea from you.

Joanne (The Simple Wife) said...

Love that. We do something similar, but the question is "What was the best part of your day?" I love hearing the answers as we go around; particularly when the answer is "Sitting here eating dinner together"!

Joanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails