Friday, November 2, 2007

What are your "fall back" meals??


No, not the ones you eat on fallback Sunday, but the ones you cook when you really don't feel like cooking or don't have time.

I have two standards:

Chicken Fajitas which consists of cutting onions into rings, sauteeing them in some olive oil until nicely carmelized then adding bell peppers that have been cut into strips. After those cook for a few minutes I add boneless, skinless chicken that has been cut into to strips and seasoned with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. I let that cook then serve with tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa, and rice on the side.

The other is even easier! Brown hamburger meat seasoned with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders. When it is brown add one can each tomato sauce and tomato paste. Cook about 15-20 minutes then add to cooked pasta. I've been cooking this since I was about 10 years old!!

So what are some of your favorite, easy to prepare meals?

2 comments:

Patricia said...

With a 9 year old & a 13 year old ~ I can still get away with grilled cheese when I don't feel like cooking. They think it's awesome! And the truth is, I like a grilled cheese every now & then!

Mary said...

Your recipe sounds delicious and like Patricia, I don't mind a grilled cheese now and then.

My mainstay meal that hubby enjoys and that is quick to prepare is browned hamburger meat seasoned much as you described and warmed up mashed potatoes. Add ketchup to cover hamburger meat, put warmed up potatoes on the plate, cover with hamburger and add lots of veggies to the side of the plate. Quick, easy and good tasting.

My daughter makes Lazy Man's Shepherd Pie for her fall back recipe. Mashed potatoes, hamburger meat seasoned and browned. She puts mashed potatoes on the plate, adds corn and the hamburger meat with gravy. The grandsons love it.

Thanks for sharing your fallback meal. Sounds great for tonight's supper.

Blessings for a great week.
Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails