Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Meme

Tracy at Pinewood Castle tagged me so here goes...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both.

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial...it's an allergy thing.

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Usually about two weeks before Christmas

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually December 27th or 28th.

5. Like egg nog? NO!

6. Do you have a nativity scene? I have several. However, in deference to my husband I have not displayed them in a couple of years. In Islam it is considered haraam (forbidden) to display anything depicting an image of a prophet. Since the nativity portrays both Joseph and Jesus I have opted to not display them. I do have one made of glass that does not have true facial features that I will sometimes pull out for a day or two.

7. Favorite gift received as a child? A little red cassette tape player and a George Strait cassette.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband...he is so darn picky!

9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids.

11. Mail or email Christmas Cards? Normally mail, but I haven't done such a good job this year.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Polar Express

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? October

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? If I have I honestly don't remember it, but I'm sure I have!

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Home Fries...I only make them at Christmas because they have about a pound of butter!

16. Clear or colored tree lights? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night

18. Do you prefer to travel during Christmas or Stay home? Stay home!

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Umm...on Dancer, Dasher, Comet and Cupid, Blixen. I guess the answer would be no!

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Star

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The commercials...I honestly saw a sign in front of the mall today proclaiming: "Where your wants become your needs." UGH!

23. Do you attend Christmas Eve services? I have never attended church services at Christmas...not even as a child that I remember. We did attend church for a time, but never at Christmastime. This is on my list of things I want to do, though. I've been reading a lot about the Quaker faith and I think it would be wonderfully reverent to be part of a silent meeting on Christmas Eve.

24. What's on YOUR list this year? Coat, gloves, Christopherus books and Border's gift cards.

I'll tag Mrs. P and Jen at the Cottage Nest...I don't think you guys have been tagged yet!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails