Monday, March 3, 2008

Read Across America Day



Today is Read Across America Day. I have a small confession...this day is designated national reading day because yesterday was the birthday of Dr. Seuss. My confession is that I'm not all that fond of Seuss books. So I thought I would share some of my favorite children's books/authors.

My all-time favorite book is The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo. I absolutely LOVE this story. I'm also partial to her Mercy Watson series.

My second favorite is The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams.



Third on my list is The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

The last two aren't books but authors...

Jan Brett. I adore her illustrations.

Tasha Tudor. Again, the illustrations are so wonderfully detailed and imaginative. And her stories speak to a time when family was the center of the universe.




Happy Reading!!!

3 comments:

Jen@The Cottage Nest said...

I love the Edward Tulane book. Emma and I are reading it right now. Love the illustrations in it. It's just feels so vintage. And special. I loved Because of Winn Dixie too. I will have to check out that Tasha Tudor book. It looks charming.

How soon will you guys know if you are making th move? Good luck to you.

Mrs. Pivec said...

Hmmm... I have never heard of Kate DiCamillo's books. I'm always looking for good, new titles, so I'm putting these on my book list! Thanks for sharing! :)

Hope you all are feeling better!

Patty said...

we have many favorite books in common !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails