Sunday, August 3, 2008

All About Books-a meme

This is a meme that I started back at the beginning of August! I'm working on cleaning up my blog and found this. Since it was mostly complete I decided to finish and post...


1. Do you remember how you developed a love of reading? I honestly don't. I have an aunt that gave me a book every year for Christmas (I still have most of them). When I was born my dad was overseas so my mother and I lived with her family, including this aunt. I'm guessing she probably read to me a great deal, but I don't really know. I also always remember having books around and being able to get new books at school book fairs and such.

2. What are some books you loved as a child? Richard Scarry, Little House on the Prairie, Bridge to Terabitha

3. What is your favorite genre? Non-Fiction...Politics, Religion, Philosophy

4. Do you have a favorite novel? Not really
5. Where do you usually read? Curled up on the end of the couch or in my recliner.

6. When do you usually read? During the day while the kids are at school and at night after they are in bed.
7. Do you usually have more than one book that you are reading at a time?

Oh yes! I usually have three or four books going at any one time.

8. Do you read non-fiction in a different way or place than you do fiction? Yes, I take notes from the non-fiction I read.

9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?

Check out from the library. If a book makes a strong impact I will usually then seek it out to buy. If I bought all the books I want to read I would be hard pressed to find money to buy groceries, I'm afraid :)

10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? Yes...yet, another reason to borrow from the library! Children's books are an exception to this. I purchase far more books for them than I do myself, many from Scholastic. Except for the classics I do not hang on to these. I usually donate them to the library for their annual book sale.

11. If you have children what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo, anything by Jan Brett or Cynthia Rylant. We also just discovered Mary Stolsz. I love her book Cat Walk.

12. What are you reading now? Moyers on Democracy by Bill Moyers and Plain Secrets: An Outsider Among the Amish by Joe Mackall

13. Do you keep a To Be Read list? Oh yes!

14. What's next? A Nation of Wimps: The High Cost of Invasive Parenting by Hara Estroff Marano

15. What books would you like to reread? Gifts from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

16. Who are your favorite authors?

Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Kate DiCamillo
Alexandra Stoddard
Cynthia Rylant

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails