Thursday, September 4, 2008

Feeling In Between

I've been feeling caught between two places in the last few weeks. We made our move to Texas about three weeks ago. I am unexpectedly missing Indiana much more than I anticipated I would. I miss my friends. I miss knowing and being know at the kids school. I miss my house! I miss my treed backyard! There are trees here, but it is very different. I miss the birds at the feeder outside my kitchen window. I haven't seen one bird on the feeder since we moved in--one big fat squirrel, but no birds.

This house is very different from the other one (which we still own...another reason I'm feeling caught between here and there). It is a lot darker--both the colors on the walls and the amount of natural light that comes into the primary living area. One of my first big expense requests will be to change the wall color in the family room and upstairs hallway to something much lighter. In the meantime, I'm going to change the formals which are open to the family to a lighter color hoping that will help. I can paint these rooms myself since there are no vaulted ceilings!

My husband is home until Monday (read there are piles of project mess everywhere) so no pictures until he goes to work!

2 comments:

Jen@The Cottage Nest said...

Oh, it's hard when you are feeling in between. I'm sorry you miss Indiana so much. I can sure see how it gets into your blood though. I hope your house sells soon. My neighbors are going through the same thing and will own 2 houses also in another month. I think panic is starting to sink in for them.

Mrs. Pivec said...

It makes a huge difference, Marianna, when you do things like get the paint on the walls and the "house" slowly becomes your "home."

One step at a time. It always feels so looooonnnnnggg when you are in-between things. As the loose ends begin to get tied up, you'll be able to concentrate more on nesting and making your new house home.

Blessings to you and your family as you continue to wait for that buyer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails