Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Homemaking A-Z

I'm spending a little more time with my blog lately. One new feature I'm really enjoying is the blogroll link Blogger created. It makes reading so much easier! It also makes surfing to blogs on other bloggers sidebars so much easier! Anyway, I found Cat Musings through a link at Little Jenny Wren. I loved this meme so I had to copy it!


A ~Aprons--y/n If y, what does your favourite look like? I have two, but wear one more than the other. The one I prefer to wear my husband bought for me on a trip to Paris (he went alone unfortunately!) and it has the Eiffel Tower printed in brown on a cream background.

B ~ Baking--Favourite thing to bake? I'm not too fond of baking--too precise. When I do bake it is usually a quick bread or muffins for the kid's breakfast.

C ~ Clothes line? No, but I'm considering getting a retractable one to use on my back patio.

D ~ Donuts--Have you ever made them? Nope...but I have made Beneigts.

E ~ Everyday--One homemaking thing you do everyday? Dishes, of course. And sweep.

F ~ Freezer--Do you have a separate deep freeze? Nope. Don't see the need to expend that extra electricity.

G ~ Garbage Disposer? Yes.

H ~ Handbook--What is your favourite homemaking resource? Blogs, believe it or not! I learn all sorts of interesting things from my fellow bloggers.

I ~ Ironing--Love it or Hate it? Or hate it but love the results? Definitely not my favorite chore!

J ~ Junk Drawer--y/n? Where is it? Yes, in the kitchen desk.

K ~ Kitchen--colour and decorating scheme. White cabinets, black granite counters, white appliances. We just moved so I still have the inherited curtains and walls. The curtains are a black background fruit/floral print (which I actually kind of like). The walls are a cream plaster look faux finish with grapes and ivy stenciled. I do NOT care for the stenciling and once Ramadan is over and I actually have some energy to get in there and tackle trying to figure out how to paint over them I will be doing just that!

L ~ Love--what is your favourite part of homemaking? Floors. Sweeping and vacuuming. I just love knowing I'm getting rid of dirt.

M ~ Mop--y/n? Yes.

N ~ Nylons, machine or hand wash? Does anyone really still wear them?? Seriously when I did for work I used the machine and a mesh bag.

O ~ Oven--do you use the window or open the oven to check? Open it...I can't ever tell if things are done through that little window.
'
P ~ Pizza--What do you put on yours? Cheddar, mozzarella and green peppers.

Q ~ Quiet--What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Read...

R ~ Recipe Card Box--y/n? What does it look like? No, but I do have a binder system. One for basic use all the time, one for recipes I want to try and one for special occasion recipes.

S ~Style of house--What style is your house? Well, I think that "they" (you know the euphemistic they) would describe it as Colonial Revival. It is actually just your typical suburban builder house.

T ~ Tablecloths or Placemats? Placemats

U ~ Under the kitchen sink--organized or toxic wasteland? Organized

V ~ Vacuum--How many times per week? Pretty much every other day downstairs and once a week upstairs.

W ~ Wash--How many loads of laundry do you do per week? Seven or eight.

X's--Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off? No, but I would probably be more efficient if I did.

Y ~ Yard--y/n? Who does what? Well, since our move we have hired someone to do it. We left the lawnmower behind in Indiana so a friend could cut the grass at that house, and we haven't quite gotten around to buying a new one. Somehow or other cutting the yard had become my job so I'm sure once we get a new mower it will be again.

ZZZ's--what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? Loading stray glasses and what not into the dishwasher, getting lunch boxes ready and just generally straightening up.

I hope you enjoyed reading my A-Z. I would love to see yours!

1 comment:

GeraniumCat said...

I think leaving your lawnmower behind is a great idea, I wish I'd thought of that when we moved! I enjoyed reading your answers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails