Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday, October 24th

Simple Woman's Daybook


Peggy at The Simple Woman is the originator of this idea. For links to others daybooks for this week please visit her site.

FOR TODAY October 24th

Outside My Window...it is sunny and quite nippy for Texas. A truly beautiful fall day.

I am thinking...pleeeeeease let our realtor's prediction that we will get an offer this weekend come true!

I am thankful for...such a beautiful day, a great neighborhood and that I will be seeing my grandparents this weekend.

From the kitchen...later today I will be making a chocolate gingerbread to take to school for tonight's fall festival and chili cookoff.

I am wearing...denim tunic, black knit pants and barefeet.

I am creating...not much!

I am going...to head to the library to pick up a few holds and the laundry to drop off dh's shirts as soon as The View is over.

I am reading...Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shayowitz and Raising Unselfish Children in a Self-Absorbed World by Jill Rigsby.

I am hoping...not to sound like a broken record, but please let that offer come in!

I am hearing...Laika at the scratch post, the water coming over the little waterfall in the pool.

Around the house...the bathrooms are clean. The floors are all swept, swiffered and vaccuumed.

One of my favorite things...my new shirt that I'm wearing today. I bought it on clearance at the end of last season and finally have a cool enough day to wear it.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: The fall festival at school tonight, dinner and movie out with dh tomorrow night, then drive to my parents to pick up the kids on Sunday.

2 comments:

santamaker said...

Hey, thanks for popping in and I'm so glad you want to participate in "nobrainer dinner ideas". I'll see you on Monday.
I enjoyed reading your blog!

salmagundi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the educational needs of our kids (and grandkids). You are so right about the limits thing. I hadn't thought about limits, per se, but that is a great way to pin point the problem: lack of limits at home!!! I'm really concerned about the fate of so many kids. Sally

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails