Monday, October 27, 2008

No Brainer Recipes

Santa at Santamaker's Journey is hosting a No Brainer Recipe Roundup today. She has asked everyone to come up with three quick and easy dinner ideas. Here are mine:

Spaghetti

Cook desired amount of pasta. Brown ground beef seasoned with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders. Add one can each tomato sauce and tomato paste. Use pasta water to thin if desired. Cook 10-15 minutes. Drain pasta and toss with meat sauce.

Black Bean Burritos

Saute one diced onion and green bell pepper until soft. Add cumin and chili powder to taste. Cook this for about 30 seconds to pull out the spices (or whatever Martha's term is!) Then add one can diced green chiles, one can black beans (rinsed) and as much salsa as you want. Heat through. Serve with tortillas and any other side fixings you desire. We usually do more salsa and some cheese.

Pan Seared Chicken Breasts

Season bone-in, skin on chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Sear in a hot skillet (cast-iron works best) until brown on both sides. Put in oven to finish cooking. I bake at 400, but I honestly can't tell you for how long. Just until done.

6 comments:

salmagundi said...

I love black beans - have to try that burrito recipe. Thanks for sharing. Sally

the pleasures of homemaking said...

I make some sort of pan seared chicken breasts at least once a week! Only I put a lid on pan and just let them cook there usually. I'll have to try that burrito one - that one sounds real easy!

Manuela

santamaker said...

Thanks for sharing these quick recipes with us. They sound great and I will be trying them out very soon!

laurie said...

Okay, I'm nearing the end of Santamaker's recipe contributors, and I'm getting really hungry! Thanks for sharing these with us. laurie (bargainhunr)

tardevil said...

They all sound delicious...and trust me when I say I could use some new recipes! Thanks for dropping by today!

Gigi said...

Yum, those black bean burritos sound wonderful!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails