Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook


I have been wanting to participate in this for months, but felt like it needed to be a morning thing. And I don't usually get on the computer in the morning. Well, this morning I made it a point to remember so here goes...

Peggy at The Simple Woman is the originator of this idea. For links to others daybooks for this week please visit her site.

FOR TODAY October 8th

Outside My Window...is a beautiful, crisp, sunny fall morning.

I am thinking...who is that woman talking to? Her dog, it turns out. She was using a very harsh voice giving commands...must be training him. Are the gate people ever going to call me? The gate (sounds tonier than it is, believe me!) that goes across our driveway isn't opening.

I am thankful for...this glorious morning. The cool air. The bright sunshine. That we are well. That we have a showing on the Indiana house today.

From the kitchen...wafts the smell of the croissants I heated for breakfast. The plan for dinner is pan seared chicken breasts with breadcrumb pasta. This afternoon I will make another batch of Paula Deen's Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread (I make it into muffins and add 1/4 cup chocolate chips) for the kids breakfasts.

I am wearing...a black polo, denim skirt and barefeet.

I am creating...a list of Christmas ideas for the family.

I am going...to head to the library once the gate thing is taken care of to pick up the Cross Canadian Ragweed CD that is hold for me!

I am reading...Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shayowitz and Choosing Your Faith by Mark Mittelberg

I am hoping...that the people looking at our house this afternoon will buy it!

I am hearing...cars driving by and crows in the distance.

Around the house...the floors are freshly Swiffered (I did not know it was possible for one cat to lose so much fur!), the furniture dusted and the last load of laundry dried. Later today I will finish folding and putting away the laundry.

One of my favorite things...my new Swiffer! I bought a wet one years ago and really disliked it. For the last four years I have heard people rave about their Swiffers, and I've thought were the crazy. Well, I was complaining to my mom the other night about the cat hair problem and she said for the umpteenth time "get a Swiffer" so I broke down and got one. Well....let me just say NOW I understand what people have been raving about.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Have my day at home tomorrow. I like to have one day a week that I don't leave the house. I usually stay home and do lots of reading. Surprise my daughter by joining her for lunch on Friday. Visit Chestnut Square for their Fall Festival on Saturday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...A picture of the park across the street from our house were we have enjoyed several evenings of kite flying this week.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Loved this post M! I'm listening to your music on your website again. The other day, I played the songs and they made me weep! I was so shocked at myself, they just all of the sudden touched my heart and tears started rolling down my face. The music is so beautiful...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails