Monday, December 15, 2008

My Christmas Wish List


I'm shamelessly copying Brenda at Coffee Tea Books and Me. She posted a wonderful post about the importance of identifying what is important for you each Christmas. As she so wisely points out this list will change from year to year. I think it is all too easy to get caught up in "having to" do the exact same things, the exact same way from year to year. This is where so much of the drudgery many feel about the holidays comes from, in my opinion. Anyway, I loved the wish list idea so much that I wanted to record one of my own for this, our first year back in Texas.

...attending the annual town parade (we walked with the kids scout troops!)
...walking through the neighborhood one night right before Christmas to look at all the lights
...waiting to put up the Christmas tree until the weekend before Christmas
...strolling through the downtown area of McKinney, a cute little town near us
...visiting the Dallas Arboretum for the nutcracker display
...making cinnamon applesauce ornaments with the kids
...decorating gingerbread houses (and carrying them to the woods for the fairies on New Year's Day)
...feeding the birds in the park
...a sense of calm in the house

2 comments:

Tracey McBride said...

Lovely and well put. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring. :)
Warmly,
Tracey

Mrs. Pivec said...

Well, are you going to do any or all of these wonderful things? You have a great list started; I hope you get to do at least some of them!

P.S. Do you mind if I borrow the list from your previous post? It's a fun one. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails