Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blogging Guidelines

I recently discovered Susan at High Desert Home which has quickly become one of my favorite blogs. One of the reasons I like Susan's writing is the genteleness of character that comes through in every post. I can imagine sitting having a conversation with her in a quiet room knowing that I will leave refreshed. This is something I strive for in my own self, in keeping with my theme of the year,be gentle, but not something I'm always good at achieving. While perusing her site the other night I came across this post where she outlined her personal blogging guidelines. Blogging is something I enjoy, but I must admit I've been struggling lately with the why and how and what to say. Reading Susan's list of guidelines helped clarify and answer some of my own questions so I decided to write my own little list.

1. My purpose in blogging is to record thoughts, insights and inspirations from our daily round, and to give me an outlet for expressing ideas that are important to me. My primary intent is for this to be something for me and my family to look back on.

2. I will strive to remain non-judgemental. I'm not sure I've done a very good job of this in the past.

3. Seek to make connections with others.

4. No pictures of my children. When I first started blogging my husband asked me not to include his or our children's names or pictures for security and privacy reasons. I will honor this request.

It is my hope that you enjoy reading about our little life. Blogging is so popular today, I believe, because we are all seeking connection to others and that is why some of the most popular blogs out there are those that deal with the everyday details of the lives of others.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails