Monday, March 9, 2009

Creating Peace


I spent some time this afternoon going through back issues of magazines. One that I particularly enjoyed re-reading was Life:Beautiful. One of the articles was on creating peace in your life. I believe we all long for a bit of peace in our lives. I also believe that it is important for each of us to identify our own peaceful pleasures. In that vein I wrote out a short list of mine.

1. Daily Walk. Being out in the weather. Hearing, seeing and smelling God's creation.

2. Daily Journaling. This is a new practice for me, but I find it really centers me at the beginning of each day.

3. Lit candles.

4. Petting a cat. I guess a dog would work too, but I'm partial to cats!

5. Find time to read everyday.

6. Pray! An obvious one I suppose, but essential nonetheless.

3 comments:

Nina said...

Good reminders. I walked to the library yesterday and it felt so good to be outside. I (we) need to do it more often.

Tanya said...

What a nice list. Sometimes just having things in a list makes them more do-able, doesn't it? Have a wonderful day!

Heidi said...

What a wonderful list and one I could have easily written too, right down to being partial to cats. I would add one thing to my list and that is my needle and thread give me peace. I love to be stitching or quilting as it gives me the best feeling while I do.

Hugs ~
Heidi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails