Monday, March 9, 2009
I spent some time this afternoon going through back issues of magazines. One that I particularly enjoyed re-reading was Life:Beautiful. One of the articles was on creating peace in your life. I believe we all long for a bit of peace in our lives. I also believe that it is important for each of us to identify our own peaceful pleasures. In that vein I wrote out a short list of mine.
1. Daily Walk. Being out in the weather. Hearing, seeing and smelling God's creation.
2. Daily Journaling. This is a new practice for me, but I find it really centers me at the beginning of each day.
3. Lit candles.
4. Petting a cat. I guess a dog would work too, but I'm partial to cats!
5. Find time to read everyday.
6. Pray! An obvious one I suppose, but essential nonetheless.