Thursday, April 9, 2009

Five Books





If you could only keep five books what would they be? This is the question posed by Sallie in this post

1. A Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh

2. Guide My Feet: Prayers for Our Children by Marian Wright Edelman

3. If God is Love: Rediscovering Grace in an Ungracious World and If Grace is True: Why God Will Save Every Person by Philip Gulley and Jim Mulholland

4. Small is Beautiful: Economics as if People Mattered by E.F. Schumacher

5. The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer

I know that is actually six, but the two books listed for number three simply can't be seperated!

2 comments:

Tracey McBride said...

This is a great selection! One of my favorites is Edith Schaeffer's "The Hidden Art of Homemaking". I first read this book when Mike and I were newly married, years ago. It did so much to shape the type of home I tried to create for our family. So many times over the years I've mentally (and actually) referred to that book for guidance and the like. Thanks so much for sharing these with us.
Warmly,
Tracey

P.S. I love your new back ground.

Leila Abu-Saba said...

I don't know any of these books except the Shumacher. What a lovely blog you have - your sensibility harmonizes well with mine, and yet almost nothing on your blog is "old hat" to me. There's so much repetition in blog world. Amazing, thank you.

And I'm on your blog roll, too... well I am honored. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails