Thursday, August 13, 2009

"But still, having a blog is strange. I never know whether to be proud I'm young and hip? I'm with it? I have a blog?) or sheepish (So, uh, yeah, I have, uh, a blog? I take pictures of my dinner. But enough about me? Let's talk about you.). It's a classic love-hate relationship. And like the human-to-human kind, the human-to-blog kind is oddly addictive. It's hard to beat the rush that comes when you press "Publish," sending your words out into the ether, or the satisfaction that stems from someone leaving a comment on your site. There's always a twinge of fear- Will anyone read this? Will I alienate all my friends?- but so long as it's only a twinge, it tolerable. Delicious even." Molly Wizenberg

Molly is the author of the book Homemade Life and the blog Orangette.. I loved this quote from her book because, for me, it perfectly sums up the act of blogging.

1 comment:

m. heart said...

What's also strange about blogging is when you find you have nothing new to tell your friends in person because they've read about it already on your blog ;)

Thanks for visiting Secret Notebooks yesterday! I'm looking forward to spending more time at Cardinal Acre!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails