Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Lazy Days are Ending


I love the lazy days of summer. Sleeping until the glorious hour of 8:30 (9:00 if I'm real lucky!), spending the hours from 3 to 7 p.m. gliding, floating, and swimming instead of rushing around like mad people to this activity or that, enjoying relaxing dinners and swimming after. All of that is coming to a screeching halt with the start of school on Monday. Already our first week of school promises to overwhelm with soccer practice for three (both kids and DH are playing), curriculum night, my son's volunteer commitment at the animal shelter and the kick-off of the scouting year for both kids. Not to mention it will be the first full week of Ramadan. By this time next week I may well be a raving idiot!

Today was an at home day. We met friends at the pool for an end of summer hurrah, treating the kids to pizza. Tomorrow is meet the teacher night. I'm particularly interested to meet my son's teacher as she is new to the school (the third time in five years that he will have a brand new teacher!) They are using a team teaching approach this year, which I'm hoping works out well for him. The teacher he will have for math and science has about 20 years teaching experience...of course, math is where he is strongest so I would prefer he had the experienced teacher for reading, writing, and social studies. Also on the agenda for tomorrow is shopping for first day of school outfits. Neither child is very excited about this outing so it ought to be fun!

1 comment:

Acorn Cottage said...

Well Hello Marianna,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting. Where about are you in Texas? My husband (when he was active duty Army) was stationed at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio for a year after 9/11. I thought Texas was wonderful and was really tossing up the idea of moving there or to Kansas. Kansas won out because we have family here. I thought the people in Texas were so nice! I have not read Philip Gulley....now I need to know what I'm missing out on! I read travel literature, preferrably humerous travel literature. I'll occasionally throw in something else for good measure, but that's my favorite.

I miss swimming. You are very fortunate to have a pool. When we lived in Ca. we used to swim over at my Mom's all the time and it was wonderful. Nothing beats floating, looking up at the clouds and daydreaming! Hopefully in the venings, while the weather is still nice...in between all of your activities, you canstill slip in for some you time! :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Smiles, Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails