Monday, August 10, 2009

Reminder About Why I Started This Blog


Not long ago I was looking for a picture that I know I posted here (I still haven't found it!) and realized that I wasn't very good about applying tags to posts when I first started this blog. So I've spent some time the last few days going back through old posts adding tags to them. This has been an interesting exercise as I realized I was also engaging in the act of re-reading a journal. I recently finished the book Leaving A Trace by Alexandra Johnson and one thing she mentioned was how reading back through old journal entries could bring up all sorts of other memories and that is exactly what has happened. All of this to say that for quite awhile now I've been struggling with posting here. The inner critic was really beating me up, telling me nobody cared about my little life, blah, blah, blah. What I realized is that I'm keeping this for me. It is an adjunct to my paper journal. Life really is so daily, and I vow to take better advantage of this medium to share some of that dailiness. If others are interested they will read, if they aren't that's o.k. because two, three years from now I'll be interested.

The picture is our table set for dinner Saturday evening.

2 comments:

8)(8 said...

I think similar. My posts have become scant this past year.

Pretty photo of the dining room. I like the sunlight.

Redbeet Mama said...

Glad I stopped by today - I found encouragement. Thank you.

Nicole

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails