Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Decor



My children begged to put out the Christmas decorations yesterday. I obliged. I'll admit I can be a little particular about the way things are set up. My husband makes fun of decorating shows where the decorator will adjust one little thing slightly before declaring a room perfect. That's a stab at me, I'm afraid! Anyhow, these pictures are the result of my 10-year-old son's decorating efforts. Everything will be staying right where it is as his feelings would be terribly hurt if I rearranged. So the displays aren't "perfect" this year, but he had fun and our house is very festive!

1 comment:

gardenofsimple said...

That's awesome you're letting them stay how your son put them. When I was growing up my mother would always rearrange the decorations. For a few years she actually would tell us what branch to put the ornaments on. It was pretty hurtful as a child and annoying as a teen, it took away from the spirit of things. I find though, that I have to remind myself of that when my children are "helping" it can be so tempting to rearrange it the way you pictured it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails