Wednesday, January 20, 2010

As I Sit Here

As I sit here right now. My version of the Daybook, for today at least.

Outside my window...it is dark.

I am thinking...please let my little girl wake up without fever tomorrow morning.

I am thankful for...getting tickets to the local Newcomer show after finding out that Austin was sold out!

I am wearing...black sweat pants, blue sweat shirt and white socks.

I am remembering...that I need to e-mail my son's teacher.

I am going... to hear Carrie Newcomer on Friday night!

I am currently reading...It's Really All About God by Samir Selmanovic

I am hoping...that everyone is better tomorrow.

On my mind...the possibility of my husband going to Haiti next month.

Noticing...how quiet it is right now.

Pondering these words...the poem "The Place Where We Are Right" by Yehuda Amichai

From the kitchen... tonight was a version of the Pioneer Woman's Favorite Steak Sandwiches

Around the house...things are getting a little untidy after having a sick child for the past four days and not feeling that well myself yesterday and today.

One of my favorite things... hearing my children getting along instead of fighting.

From my picture journal...a picture of my nearly 20 pound cat being a lap cat. We've had her for over two years and just last week she realized, quite by accident, how good being a lap cat is. My daughter had put a loop of yarn around her neck while she was sitting on the back of my chair. She jumped down to the arm to try to get it off...she ended up sitting in my lap working on it (it was loose so she was really playing with it). Anyway, she finally got it off and plopped down right where she was. As I petted her she started purring and decided to get comfy!


My take on the Daybook...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails