Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

Tears. My heart breaks for a people whose daily lives were already so extremely difficult. Years ago I read the book Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder. It is the story of Dr. Paul Farmer who, with passion, starts the process of bringing primary healthcare to the people of Haiti. As I read the book one of the overriding thoughts I had was about how difficult life was for the Haitian people. Today I pray for all the people so desperate for clean drinking water and simple food. Please, if you are compelled, consider making a donation to the organization Dr. Farmer helped found Partners in Health. They have a number of operational facilities and personnel already on the ground in Haiti ready to help. The Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders are also wonderful organizations already operating on the ground.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails