Monday, April 12, 2010

A Week in the Life-Monday April 12

The alarm went off at 6:33 as it does every weekday morning. Why 6:33 you ask? Because I can hit the snooze twice and the third time it goes off the time will be 7:00 which is when I really need to be up. This is a weird little habit that I honestly had not thought much about before typing it out here! I always shower as soon as I get up, then get dressed and start to work hustling kids to finish lunches and getting dressed so we can be out the door by 7:45. I walk them to the crossing guard and they walk the rest of the way to school solo. My weekday mornings consist of putting away dishes from the night before, sweeping the floors, and vacuuming if needed. This morning my house looked like a train had come through so it took a little longer than usual to get things in order.



Next on the agenda was making a grocery list.


Finally I was ready to head out the door to workout here. Where I endure 15 minutes of torture on this (I'm slowly working up to 30 minutes after only being able to do 3 minutes back in January!) and 35 minutes on the treadmill. I try to do this every day, but usually end up doing four. From there it was off to Super Target to buy groceries and socks for my son...again. It seems like I just bought him socks a month ago. Perhaps I need to spend some time going through the Lego bucket and cleaning out under his bed to hunt for dirty socks. Last stop was the library to pick up books I had on hold and replinish our poetry and picture book supply. This is what I brought home:


The rest of the afternoon passed uneventfully with watching the noon news and a couple of DVR'ed shows including Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution which once again made me cry. And, of course, I started reading from my stack.

Flowers my daughter brought me. She picked them off the neighbor's bush. Hope they don't mind.

2:50 and time to pick up children rolled around before I knew it. The afternoon always seems to pass in a blur of homework and kids running in and out so that 5:30 and time to start dinner arrives in no time. Tonight was Boneless Breast of Chicken with Three Peppers from Giuliano Hazan. I doctor this up by adding about four cloves of finely diced garlic once the pepers are done, let it cook for about one minute and then add chicken stock to deglaze the pan and help create more sauce since I serve it over pasta.


After finishing dinner and clean up it was time for baths and reading. We finished Minn of the Mississippi by Holling Clancy Holling tonight. Good book full of lots of information about the United States's most famous river. It is now 10:30. These two posts have taken me far longer to put together than I anticipated and I'm ready for bed. Good night.

2 comments:

Thomas at My Porch said...

So far I have only seen one episode of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, but it makes me cry as well.

Redbeet Mama said...

You have a beautiful kitchen!

Slow down Mama - take a bath and do some yoga one afternoon!

Namaste, Nicole

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails