Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Week in the Life-Thursday


About twice a year (Spring and Fall) I get the urge to move furniture and just generally refresh everything. So this morning I started the day by moving furniture and cleaning in my family room and formal living room. You can see before's on my AWITL Monday post. Above is the after of the formal living room. Below is the after of the family room. The house always feels so fresh and light after moving things around, clearing some clutter and wiping down surfaces that get missed in the day-to-day cleaning.



After getting everything back in order I headed off to the school as I had a date to read to my son's class...or so I thought. Turns out my date was actually for Friday.

For lunch today I made a Broccoli Pasta salad with a mayo/plain yogurt dressing. It was pretty tasty.

I spent the afternoon reading. Some of my notes from A Tree Full of Angels by Macrina Wiederkehr.




After bringing in and reading the mail I couldn't help but notice the irony of the return address on my Texas appliance rebate program application.



After school we made a fresh batch of Chocolate Mudballs a recipe found at New Nostalgia.



Dinner was homemade pizzas. The kids had hamburger. DH had hamburger, olives and mushrooms. I had carmelized onions and green peppers.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love to move the furniture around, too. There is nothing like a little change to lift the spirits. You have a lovely home! I may try making those chocolate mudballs; they look yummy!

Redbeet Mama said...

I love furniture and I love re-arranging it. I think it is my favorite thing to do.

I like your latest arrangement - good energy flow.

I a studied a little bit of Feng Shui - if you haven't I bet you would like it too.

Best,Nicole

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails