Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Balance

I've posted before that I normally save computer time for after my kids are in bed, while my husband uses that time to watch TV. I'm not a big TV watcher, especially not of soccer on the Spanish language channel! And I find it nearly impossible to read while the TV is on. My husband has been gone for a week and I've used my evening time to read and it has been pure bliss. I realized that, while I love reading blogs and posting on my own, what really nourishes my soul is reading, with the IPod playing soft music in the background. Now, I don't plan on closing down this blog as I really do enjoy posting occassionally. However, I will be spending much less time reading other blogs. I'll stick with a handful that I really find enjoyable. You will see them listed in my sidebar. My plan is to move the IPod dock to the bedroom, along with a comfy chair and table and read to my heart's content in the evenings with only about an hour of computer time each night. So what am I reading you ask? The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris, The Tuscan Year by Elizabeth Romer and Into the Story by David Maraniss.

3 comments:

Redbeet Mama said...

Sounds wonderful Marianna - you ARE a Goddess!

I am going to miss you - stop by from time to time - you've been a good, kind-hearted friend to me.

Your comment is so right on - the house is a huge fixer upper. We didn't get it yet - but I want it. Our offer keeps getting countered..

Am I crazy?? Going from a luxurious condo to a fixer upper house in the woods? Perhaps - but I have big ideas and I think it will be worth all the hard work.

Much love to you and enjoy your reads.

Nicole

Imene said...

How I understand your post. Even though reading blogs is very enjoyable nothing is as fulfilling as a good book

onedeepdrawer said...

i just read The Cloister Walk as well...lots of very good stuff there.

have you read Dakota by K Norris? pure poetry!

peace keep you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails