Monday, June 28, 2010

This Time and This Place


At the moment it is raining, a much needed blessing, creating a dark, moody sky. My youngest dear child is spending a week with her grand parents (Grandmomma actually as Grandaddy is on the road.) Oldest dear child is sitting on the couch reading a book. I am not so patiently waiting for the DH to come home with the missing ingredients I need for a lasagne dinner. The room is a little warm,  the A/C is set on 79, and the rain storm has cooled the air outside giving the A/C a break. It won't last long I'm sure. The house is so quiet that the only sound I hear are my fingers tapping the keyboard. I love the quiet. Every once in a while a car zips by on the wet pavement outside. I often wonder where all these people are going. Actually the school system's daycare is at our neighborhood school this summer,  most of them are probably picking up children. Ah, at last I see the car I want to see coming around the corner. I will go fix dinner: Lasagne with some fresh strawberries for dessert.

1 comment:

Redbeet Mama said...

Hello friend! Dinner sounds wonderful - what time should I be over?

Glad to see you here - in this time and in this place.

Much love, Nicole

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails