Friday, January 7, 2011

100 Things I Love

This time of year always brings out the organizing part of me. Over the last few days I've spent a good deal of time going through copious numbers of spiral notebooks that I use to keep notes from books I've read (for those who follow me on Goodreads you will now understand where all my updated books read are coming from). One of the things I found was a list of 100 Things I Love that I wrote out about three years ago-glad I had dated it. I decided a new one was in order and wanted to share it here.



Y (my husband), A (my son), L (my daughter), Laika, Honey (the cats), cold days, snow, autumn, cardinals, bluejays, hummingbirds, stars, open windows, books, journaling, hot baths, candles, tin trays, mountains, the Hallelujah Chorus, walks on the beach after dark, playing games with my children, the feeling after I work out, a perfect glass of iced tea (unsweetened, please), Texas bbq brisket, quiet, libraries, local bookstores, sunflowers, bluebonnets, spring strawberries, winter clementines, autumn apples, summer tomatoes, old china, original art, pasta, gelato, chocolate, long walks, Edward Hopper, Vermeer, Rosamunde Pilcher, family heirlooms, dusk, piano music, lunch and conversation with friends, whole days at home alone, Southern Lady magazine, impressionism, Austin, listening to my children discuss books they've both read, Gladys Taber, farmer's markets, Texas Olive Ranch olive oil, afghans over my lap on cold days, a cat curled up in my lap, a cat near my feet while I sleep, shadows, afternoon sun streaming in and hitting clean wood floors, hot buttered torrillas, listening to music in the dark, my children's artwork, fresh flowers on the table, full bookshelves, my little room with a desk and shelves full of possibilities, Christmas, roosters, red/blue/yellow French country colors, Italy, rainy days, swimming on hot Texas days, butterflies, native plants, embroidered linens, warm crusty croissants, Red Dirt music, berry smoothies, silver trays, crystal candlesticks, Maine, Mary Oliver, St. Benedict, contemplation, pens, notebooks, wood bowls, Gift from the Sea, clouds, Kate DiCamillo, small towns, jigsaw puzzles, the Sunday paper, red gingham, quilts, globes, my hairdresser, my new car, vanilla.

4 comments:

Laura @ The Shabby Rabbit said...

Oh my gosh what an amazing list!! I kept nodding my head and saying OH YEAH! and when I hit pens, notebooks, wood bowls I was kicking my feet!! Awesome!

I do goodreads too. I'll have to look you up. I also keep a notebook while I read :)

Redbeet Mama said...

Very interesting! How long did it take you to make this list?
I think I am going to give it a try.

Namaste, Nicole

coloring in my life said...

such a great list!

Jacky said...

this was a great idea! i definitely should sit down and make a similar list. i think i saw 'full bookshelves?' that's one of my favorite things as well!

will definitely be coming back to read more :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails