Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fifteen Favorite Authors

Brenda at Coffee, Tea, Books and Me had this post up a while back. It's certainly no secret that I love to read so I quickly made my list...it just took me several months to finish it up and get it posted!

Kate Di Camillo The book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane is one of my all-time favorite books.
Sue Monk Kidd We think so much alike spiritually.
Philip Gulley  He says what I believe far better than I can say it.
Scott Russell Sanders He writes quite a bit about place, one of my favorite topics.
Anne Morrow Lindbergh Gift From the Sea is such a classic
Mary Oliver Readable poetry. I struggle with poetry, too much hidden meaning. Oliver somehow takes the sublime and makes it accessible.
Anne D. LeClaire Her book on silence is inspirational to me.
Gladys Taber Lovely nature writing. I long to live the lifestyle Taber lived.
Wendy M. Wright A mother writing on contemplative living. I can relate.
Elizabeth Andrew I love her book On The Threshold. More writing about place.
Joan Anderson She makes me think.
Maeve Binchy I'm crazy for English fiction.
Anne Lamott Funny, irreverent, insightful.
James Herriot Simple, lovable stories about animals and the vet that cared for them.
Katrina Kenison Mother. Again, I can relate.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I've never read anything by James Herriot, but I have a few seasons of All Creatures Great and Small on DVD. I love it!

Mrs. Pivec said...

Ooo - love your list! Mary Oliver is a favorite of mine; we read one of her poems at my wedding. I love Anne Lamott too, and I just discovered Maeve Binchy this summer. I have the book, "Honey for a Woman's Heart", and she is recommended in that book. I read and reeeeally liked, "Circle of Friend"s. I liked that it wasn't completely predictable. I plan to read some of her other books.

Susan said...

What a great list! We share many of the same favorites (Gladys Taber is a particular favorite of mine, since I live in New England).

Have you read Katrina Kenison's latest book, Gift of An Ordinary Day? I loved Mitten Strings for God.

By the way, I love your blog's new look.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails