Friday, February 4, 2011

The Mail-Five Minute Friday

Today's Five Minute Friday prompt from Gypsy Mama is: What's the best thing you've received in the mail recently?

Go:

The best mail I've received recently? Honestly, I can't say I've gotten any great mail recently. Lots of bills, catalogs, tax documents, a couple of letters and cards (those are good, but not fabulous), but nothing outstanding. Last week I got a book from Border's that I had ordered (Gunilla Norris). That was good. Getting books is always good. The Ann Voskamp was on backorder-who knows when I'll see that! We got lots of picture cards for Christmas. The best one was my friend who tried for many years to have children and was finally blessed two years ago with quadruplets. The cutest bunch of little boys you'll ever see! It's always fun to see how people's kids have grown over the year. Getting the mail for the last four days has been a nice break to the monotony of being iced/snowed in. Magazines. I always look forward to getting my magazines. My favorites have to be Southern Lady and Life:Beautiful.

Stop.

2 comments:

Valarie said...

Love the new look over here. It's great. The greatest mail I've received lately was my snail swap. Such beautiful tea towels from all over England,Scotland,Wales, and Ireland. Just fantastic.

Susan said...

I like these writing prompts! It's so interesting to see what comes out when you set a timer and freely write on a topic for five minutes. This week I've received two books in the mail (from Borders) _Black Heels to Tractor Wheels_, and _The Write Start: A Guide to Nurturing Writing at Every Stage from Scribbling to Writing Letters and Forming Stores_; I also received five balls of yarn that I ordered from Knit Picks. Those are happy things, but I miss getting real letters. I had a pen pal for six years. We wrote to each other about once every two weeks. After six years she decided to move on. I miss her, but I really miss the letters and the letter writing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails