Saturday, March 5, 2011

Five Minute Friday-When I Look In the MIrror

Last week was a crazy, busy week with my son getting ready for his Destination Imagination competition. His team took 5th place out of nineteen teams. Plus they won an award for innovation! He also chose his band instrument for next year. He will be a flute player, at least for 6th grade band. Anyway, I never managed to get a post up last weekend. I'm glad to be back participating this week-even if it is Saturday and not Friday! So here is my five minute post on When I Look in the Mirror I See

Start:

When I look in the mirror I see a woman who is getting older. But you know what I'm o.k. with that. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to age. I consider it a blessing from God. It isn't always easy...the gray hair, the random facial hairs, the achy joints, the wrinkles. But mixed with all that is realizing that with age comes a growing intelligence. It's not just knowing more, but being exposed to more. I'm also finding more time for myself which means I'm working out, reading more, enjoying my friends. I realize as I get older that all those things you thought were such a big deal twenty years ago really didn't matter all that much which helps put decision making in perspective. Knowing this helps me stay focused on the big picture, pay attention to the things that matter.

Stop

Hosted by Gypsy Mama

2 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations to your son and his team!

Oh, your five minute free-write really resonated with me! I'm right with you, sister!

Suzanne G. McClendon said...

Hi, I just posted my 5 Minute Friday post, too. Yours was more positive than mine. I know that my post doesn't sound like it, but I am happy to be growing older, too. Self-image has been a lifetime battle for me. Even with the gray hair, and losing my hair, I feel much more calm than I did 20 or 30 years ago. I am very happy for a somewhat slower pace. AND I am very much looking forward to being a grandma someday. :) I enjoyed reading your post. Have a wonderful weekend! Your sis in Christ, Suz.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails