Saturday, August 27, 2011

Daybook

It's been a long while since I posted a daybook.


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...it is hot and sunny with a very slight breeze.

I am thankful...for air conditioning. Did I mention it's hot? 106 to be exact.

In the kitchen...planning on making pumpkin bread for the kids breakfast next week. A little fall flavored food to make us forget about how hot it is!

I am wearing...a white linen tank top with black embroidery and a black linen skirt.

I am going...out to dinner with the family tonight. Most likely Olive Garden. We are all fasting today and need the quick salad/soup/breadstick course!

I am wondering...why my daughter insists on playing Wii games that frustrate her.

I am reading...Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg and Stillness by Richard Mahler. Plus re-reading The Journal Keeper by Phyllis Theroux.

I am hoping...next week goes well for my kids at school. Potential teacher challenges.

I am looking forward to...the end of Ramadan (Monday is the most likely last day) and getting back to normal family life. Because the fast is broken so late the kids have been eating dinner before us. I'm in the kitchen, but it isn't the same as all of us sitting down together.

I am hearing...the sound of the computer, my stomach growling and Wii baseball very quiet in the background.

Around the house...I updated my downstairs guest bath with new linens from Target today. Pretty towels with a bird and vine print along with some teal green solids.

I am pondering...if my broken baby toe will ever feel better! I broke in nearly two months ago and it still hurts.

Some of my favorite things...Sharpie pens and journaling.

A few plans for the rest of the week...mostly quiet time at home and maybe a trip to Ikea to replace glasses. In the last few weeks we have broken about a dozen glasses. Many of them broke in the new dishwasher. I'm figuring out that it needs to be loaded in a very specific way.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...my 9 year old daughters nook which was inspired by her wonderful fourth grade English teacher.






Simple Woman's Daybook is the brainchild of Peggy Hostetler.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails