Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Welcome

Leila at Like Mother, Like Daughter challenged her readers to share the entry ways to their homes and view them as a visitor might. So this morning first thing I took pictures of both the front entry, the one visitors use, and the garage entry, the one our family uses. Here are the before and after photos:

Yes, this was taken today and no we aren't experiencing an early fall. Our trees are so stressed from lack of rain and high heat they are starting to drop leaves. Not too bad. I would like to have some flowers out here, but it's just too hot. I was taking this at about 9:00 and had to have shoes on in order to keep from burning my feet!

Standing at the front door. Motorcycle boots. A t-shirt slung over the stair banister? The kitty is the prettiest thing in the picture. That is Laika.

The living room, which is open to the entry. Kids junk in the floor.

The dining room. Also open to the entry. Laundry on the table. Cat toy in the floor. Laptop case on the floor.

The entry from the garage.

My very small laundry room that we enter through.

Everything put in its proper place. This time Honey made it into the picture.

Again all the stray bits picked up. The blinds open for some natural light.

Laundry put away. Laptop put away. Puzzle still out. We spent too much time getting it put together to even consider putting it back in the box!

There are no after's of the laundry room. Not much can be done with that space. By necessity it must stay clear, the only advantage to having such a small laundry room.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love your home, especially the ornate baker's rack!

My laundry room is a through zone, also...I'm inspired by what you have done here!
Sincerely,
Donna

justamouse said...

I think your entryway is so spacious and warm!

Kh. Patty said...

I too like the ornate bakers rack shelf thing, and your spruce up looks nice, although your house looks fabulous in the before shots too. ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Pippajo said...

What a bright, open beautiful space you have! It seems so airy and soothing, like you can take deep, deep breaths in there!

Also, I LOVE the F is for Fall mosaic in your previous post! It's just beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by!

Susan said...

Hi Marianna!

Your home is so beautiful! I really like your decorating style. I've always loved brick houses. Is Laila a ragdoll? My cat Willow is a blue bi-color ragdoll. I really enjoyed this glimpse inside your home :-)

Kindest wishes,
Susan
(from Home Hum)

PS: I sent you an email awhile back, but I'm not sure if you received it. I wish that I could send you some of our rain...it's been a very wet summer up here in New England.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails