Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Today's Daybook


FOR TODAY



Outside my window...I see a dying tree in desperate need of rain, sun a cars carrying people home from work.


I am thinking...about the book study I'm part of for the book A Parent's Guide to Gifted Children. I've attended two sessions so far and am amazed at how helpful I'm finding the information for parenting in general. I'm also considering what one of the moms said this morning about how we can celebrate our children for sports accomplishments, but not for being smart. This was something I had never really thought much about but do realize that I very much temper my bragging about how smart and creative my son is. However, I have no problem bragging on how talented my daughter is as a soccer player. Why do we, as a culture, value one over the other? Why do other parents take it personally when you brag about one, but not the other? Definitely some interesting questions.


I am thankful...that Leila's poison ivy is finally starting to look better.


In the kitchen...tomato sauce is cooking for chicken parmigiana.

I am wearing...a black knit dress.

I  am going...absolutely no where and it's wonderful to have a night off.
I am wondering...what time my husband will be home for dinner.
I am reading...the aforementioned book, Poser by Claire Dederer.

I am hoping...Leila's poison ivy looks much better in the morning so we can start tapering off the steriods. Also hoping she never comes in contact with poison ivy again!

I am looking forward to...yoga on Thursday.

I am hearing...the Wii being turned off, the hum of the computer.

Around the house...all is well.

I am pondering...

One of my favorite things...


A few plans for the rest of the week:

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...





















(add your picture here)









Simple Woman's Daybook is the brainchild of Peggy Hostetler.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails