Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Thoughts

I've been searching for a long time for a way to make this blog what I want it to be for myself. I love it as a record of the happenings of our life.A weekly Friday post is my goal for the rest of this year. A way of reviewing some of the highlights of the week.

We've had three big events occur this week:

1. My 12-year old son asked to cook dinner for the first time! He did so last night. Nothing fancy, tacos and rice. The best part was his comment at the end of the meal about how good it was to eat something you had made yourself.

2. My 10-year old daughter got the role she had tried out for in the school play! She will be History Mind in the musical Mighty Minds. She enjoys being in the spotlight so I know she will have fun with this.

3. Our foundation is good! Here in North Texas we are on clay soil and it can, and all too often does, wreak havoc on our slab foundations. After our extremely hot and dry summer we had a few cracks develop in our upstairs hall ceiling and decided to have it checked out. The only recommendation the foundation guy made was to remove three Bradford Pear trees that we need to have taken out anyway since they are at their life span. He also recommended root barriers for our Live Oaks, but I don't think we are going to do that, at least not for now.

A sad event that occurred this week was my mom having to have her 15-year old kitty, Torpy, put to sleep. Her name was actually Torpedo Cat because as a kitten she would literally tear through the house like a torpedo. She was probably the sweetest, most loving cat I've ever known. She would purr if you so much as looked at her. She loved to be pet. Her favorite thing in the whole world was to sleep on a person's head.


One thing I'm worrying about this week is how much impact one teacher can possibly have on my children. They both have a particular teacher that I'm concerned is having a negative affect and I feel completely powerless do anything about it.


Honey (on the floor) loves to jump on Laika (on the table). I kept hoping Laika would take her opportunity for revenge, but she didn't. She's just too nice! Or possibly knows she doesn't stand a chance against that nearly 20lb beast!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails