Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Thoughts


These friends watch over us while we are on the computer.

First, I need to give credit to Tracy at Pinewood Castle for the idea of this weekly post. I didn't consciously copy her, but I realized when I clicked over to her blog today that she had planted the seed for these posts.

Big Happenings:

Not really a big happening, but I'm really missing my work out time. Three more weeks in this shoe with buddy taping will God willing result in a healed fracture and I can get back to it.

The one bonus to missing gym time is that I've had two full days at home with no where to go. Nice.

We attended our first parent meeting regarding middle school scheduling this week. This one dealing with advanced academic placement. I'm both dreading and looking forward to next year and having a child in 7th grade.

Soccer practice started for the spring season for my daughter. Her basketball team is playing in a winter tournament starting next week. This was a bit of a surprise as I didn't realize there was tournament at the end of this rec season. I have a feeling that our schedule is going to be quite complicated for the next week or so.

My son is almost completely healed from his encounter with the shelter cat. And, thankfully, the cat tested negative for rabies.

I've already posted my major pondering for this week. In light of that pondering I started thinking again about a book I completed last week that tells of the journey of an Afghan boy whose mother "abandoned" him at 10 years old son in Pakistan in an attempt to give him a chance at life. The name of the book is In the Sea There are Crocodiles. Highly recommend it.

I still continue to ponder what makes a good teacher and how to deal with a bad one.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Marianna,

I can sympathize with missing the gym and your workout routine. I am missing my walks in the woods. My oldest daughter dislocated her knee on January 2nd. Since then, it's been lots of doctor's appts. and physical therapy. She's my nature partner, and I just wouldn't feel good about leaving her behind, but I do miss it. My spirit misses it as much as my body.

I'm so glad that rabies is no longer a concern, and that your son is getting over the attack.

It sounds like lots of exciting things are coming your way. I hope your daughter's team does well in the tournament. Middle school in the fall is certainly something to look forward to.

The book title you shared looks really interesting. I'll have to see if I can get it from my library.

I really feel that I need to apologize to you--I owe you a letter! In the next few days, I plan to sit down and write one :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails