Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013-A Word and Plans

I've selected words of the year before. I've never stuck with them. It seems impossible to identify one word for the entire year. Life is too transient for that sort of exercise, to my mind. For a couple of days last week I did think about it some and came up with 'Commit', 'Stronger'. Both words that could be applied to multiple areas of my life. Then I read Susan's post at Tea & Cake about things she wants to keep doing, start doing and stop doing. I like this idea. It is more concrete, more doable, holds more accountability. So here is my list of things I want to start doing.
 
Stretching daily.
Menu planning weekly. Observing Meatless Monday.
Increase expectations from my kids.
Figure out a way to limit 'small' screen time for the kids.
Establish a cleaning routine.
Try things that scare me. Pilates, boot camp, going back to school, running regularly, tennis lessons, taking a trip by myself, a real yoga class.
Establish a regular devotional time.
Keep a daily record, including the days activities, money spent, what was for dinner, weather, exercise and three gratitudes.
 
Yes, it's a long list. But a completely doable list. My plan is to let the last item on the list hold me accountable for the others.

 
The only thing I really want to stop doing is eating sugary treats after lunch. That is a big one and will take a lot of effort on my part.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails