Friday, July 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday

Joining in at Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday. Today's word is belong.

Go: Belong, belonging. Isn't it what we all want? To feel like we belong somewhere, with other people. And yet, how many of us truly realize this deep feeling that we are exactly where we belong? It's such a tenuous thing, belonging. I believe belonging requires that we know ourselves well and deeply, which is much easier said than done. Today I worry less about belonging, but I have two children in the throes of middle school when belonging is the end all be all. I remember those days too well. How scary it is to not know your "place". To worry so much about fitting in with a group. As a mother I pray they make good group choices. I pray that they find and trust themselves enough to worry less about belonging and more about being who they are. Stop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails