Friday, October 11, 2013

January

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential.

~ Ellen Goodman

found at the toymakers site
 
I've been doing this all month, looking for the cracks, trying to come up with a word for the year as is so popular in blogdom. Yet, I haven't been able to come up with anything. Not that there aren't cracks, it's just that it feels so negative. After reading this quote I wondered, am I looking at this all wrong? So after spending a few days looking for potential I've come up with the word walk. As in walk with God, as in walk a 5k this year, as in walk your talk.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love this! I struggle with pessimism (seeing the glass half full)--so looking for the potential in my life and home and in the year ahead will help me frame things in a positive perspective.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails