Friday, November 15, 2013

My Bookshelves

 
I'm nosy. I like exploring the books on other people's bookshelves. I believe that you can tell a lot about a person by looking at their books. Anne at Modern Mrs. Darcy agrees and asked readers to share their bookshelves.
 

I actually have books all over the house. In stacks. Under lamps. On the fireplace mantle. And then there are the actual shelves, like the one above which is the bottom of a coffee table. There are two of these cube tables. The other holds a basket of.....books, of course.
 

 This is a little bookshelf in the entry way. The rocking chair belonged to my great aunt.
 

This shelf holds all of the kids books that I want to keep that the kids no longer want on their shelves. Some of these belonged to my brother and I as children.
 

 
This shelf in our home office holds the newest books and some cookbooks.
 
Finally, a small shelf in my living room. Mostly decorating books. Note the stack on the coffee table!
 
 
As for organizing my books. I don't really. Things are all mixed in. I do keep cookbooks separate for easy access, but that's it.
 
Thanks for stopping by and browsing my shelves.

2 comments:

Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy said...

I love that you have multiple shelves and books all over the house! That's the sign of a good reader, I think. :)

Thanks for sharing your shelves with us!

Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy said...

I'm nosy, too--browsing everyone's shelves has been so fun!

My favorite is the front-and-center bookshelf in the entryway, with the heirloom rocking chair. LOVE.

Thanks for sharing your shelves with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails