Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014-The Year of Experimenting

This time of year I get reflective, like just about everyone else. Reflecting back over the past year and looking ahead to the next. In the looking ahead, I had this idea to do different challenges each month. Things that will completely take me out of my comfort zone, making this a year of experimenting. This is the schedule so far:

January: Yoga, every day. At least 15 minutes.

February: Journal every day.

March: A whole month of vegetarian eating.

April: Run every day, at least one mile.

May: Limit tablet time to 15 minutes, twice a day.

June: Eat a salad everyday.

July: Create every day. Participate in Index-Card-a-Day challenge.

August: No sweets after 8:00 pm.

September: Get up at 6:00 every morning in order to enjoy morning quiet time.

October: Pilates three times a week.

November: Daily blog post.

December: Take a daily walk. At least one mile.

 Some of these will be more challenging than others

4 comments:

Susan said...

This is the best New Year's idea I've read yet--one new focus per month. It reminds me of how The Happiness Project book is structured. I love it!

Laura @ The Shabby Rabbit said...

I love how your rotating through things instead of a blanket resolution! It will be fun to see what you think of each activity every month and which ones fall quickly away and which stick with you :)
Vegetarian for a month sounds awesome! I'd end up eating like the same 3 things! :)

Nicole Pivec said...

Oh, Marianna! I love it! That's a wonderful way to keep resolutions fresh: by changing it every month. I wonder why I've never thought of this? :)

This is the first year in a very long time that I have not done an "official" word of the year or resolution or anything. I just feel like with schooling the girls and my own school and getting Maia to graduation, my word might be something like: "survive". On a more serious note, I'm practicing more prayer and giving more energy to it, but I just didn't want to give myself any other goals right now. But someday I'd like to try what you're doing this year! I look forward to hearing how it goes for you. :)

julochka said...

i like the whole month of vegetarian eating idea.

have you seen that crazy woman who only ate at starbucks for a whole year, including at thanksgiving and christmas? she just finished it up and has started some new madness which i've blocked out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails