Friday, February 28, 2014

Random 5 Friday

 
My daughter and I like to do puzzles. Honey thinks we need company as we work on our puzzles.

 
I've always been fond of elephants. My dad was stationed in Vietnam when I was born so my mother and I lived with her parents and sisters. Her oldest sister spent hours teaching me to say the word elephant, making it my first word. Or so the story goes. These two little guys belonged to my grandmother. The white one was a gift to her from my grandfather.

 
I wish I could bask in the sun with so little decorum.
 
 
My 14 year old son drove for the first time two weekends ago. His grandfather bought this specifically so he could teach him. I'm glad A's grandfather is teaching him to drive. Granddaddy has far more patience than either mom or dad.

 
My first attempt at growing orchids. Suppose I should do a little research to see what I need to do to keep this beauty alive.
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Viv@within the Frame said...

Love the cat shot they have no shame, thanks for visiting..

Happyone said...

I like to do puzzles too and have one out on the dining room table now. : )
14 - wow that is young to drive!!

Carletta said...

Love the kitty and your caption! So true.
I can relate to the driving. My Dad didn't have patience teaching me on a stick shift so my brother taught me.
At three my nephew loves doing puzzles. He'll put it together, take it apart, and put it together again.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I've killed two orchids in the past year -- I think if you leave them alone they do fine. I got a little impatient and did some pruning. Lol.

Love the Wrangler -- I've been wanting one for a long time now.

Thanks for joining in!

Diane Baker-Williams said...

Enjoyed the elephant story! My husband has a wooden one gifted by his sister. No story behind it but it sits on our TV stand, there since we've been married. love the cat photo. Our cat Kiri lays like that often.

Ida said...

Great "random" thoughts.
I liked the Elephants and the story behind them.
Yes wouldn't it be great to just flop like a cat without shame. They lay in the weirdest positions.
I know my dad & my brother tried to teach me to drive. Finally a lady from our church took over and I actually felt much calmer with her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails